November is the American Diabetes Month
– Diabetic retinopathy is the leading cause of new cases of blindness and low vision a…mong Americans 20 to 74 years of age.
– Diabetic retinopathy accounts for approximately 12 percent of all new cases of blindness each year.
– Nearly 30 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes
– Another 86 million Americans have prediabetes and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes
– The American Diabetes Association estimates that the total national cost of diagnosed diabetes in the United States is $245 billion